Sushil is Professor of Strategic, Flexible Systems and Technology Management at the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. He served as Visiting Professor at The Center for the Development of Technological Leadership, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA in the year 2008-09. He has nearly twenty books to his credit in the areas of Flexibility, Systems Thinking, and Technology Management. He has over 200 papers in various refereed journals and conferences. He is Editor-in-chief of Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management.He has pioneered the area of ‘Flexible Systems Management’ and made original contributions to the field of knowledge in the form of SAP-LAP models and linkages. He has evolved the concept and framework of ‘Flowing Stream Strategy’ as strategic flexibility to manage continuity and change. He has also provided mantras for continuous organizational vitalization and a model for execution excellence.He has acted as consultant to both governmental and private industrial organizations; a few representative ones are LG Electronics, Rockwell International, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Infotech Ltd., CMC Ltd.,James Martin & Co., Gas Authority of India Ltd. and Sona Koyo Steering Systems. He is the Founder President of the Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management.
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Delhi 1984, Title of the Thesis: “Systems Modelling of Waste Management in National Planning”.
- M.Tech (Industrial Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi-1980 securing CGPA 9.89/10.00.
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering) from M.I.T.S., Gwalior–1978 securing 85% Marks, 1st Rank in the Institute.
- Pioneered the area of ‘Flexible Systems Management’ and made original contributions to the field of knowledge in the form of interpretive approaches in management such as SAP-LAP models/linkages, Total Interpretive Structural Modeling, and Interpretive Ranking Process.
- Evolved the concept and framework of ‘Flowing Stream Strategy’ as strategic flexibility to manage continuity and change.
- Provided mantras for continuous organizational vitalization (LIFE), and models for strategic performance management (Flexible Strategy Game-card), sustainable enterprise (Star Model) and strategy execution (4A’s Model).